The convenient E.coli field detection kit utilizing hVI's handheld fluorometer with built-in thermal heater for in-situ incubation-and-detection. After the sample is prepared in the 0.5-mL sample tube, it is placed in the handheld fluorometer maintained at 38oC for incubation. During the incubation procedure, the E.coli bacteria release an enzyme which reacts with the incubation media to produce a fluorescence signal and detected by the fluorometer. If the signal growth reaches a pre-defined threshold, a positive test is confirmed. Due to the high sensitivity of the fluorometer, single CFU can be detected within as short as 12 hours of incubation. The in-situ detection also provides the early-warning capability for users to identify the presence of E.coli within a shorter time if the quantity of E.coli is higher. By using the "threshold time" of signal growth, one can also semi-quantitatively determine the "equivalent CFU number" of healthy E.coli bacteria in the original sample.
➥ Assay Performance and spec:
● Can be applied to swab surface test, or liquid test (0.5-mL/sample).
● Rapid, convenient, and sensitive. (Semi-quantitative possible.)
● Highly portable field kit using handheld meter for measurement (AC or car power supply needed due to heater requirement).
● Sensitivity: 100-CFU/sample after 10 hours of Incubation, or 1-CFU/sample after 12 hours of incubation for healthy bacteria.
● 2 sets of data can be downloaded to computer through USB interface for analysis.
● Multiple-samples test possible if use separate incubator.
➥ Content of the e.coli Assay Kit (50 tests):
● Growth Media Powder: 1.0 gram
● Sample Plastic Vials: 50 pcs
● Rayon Swab: 50 pcs
● Disposable water transfer pipet: 50 pcs
➠ See the detailed information: E.coli Handheld Detection Kit